Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Rise Of Electro-Pop: From MGMT to Crystal Castles


When MGMT was buzzing in the fall last year, my iTunes play count triggered 30 + counts of "Kids" their techno-electro-poppy-addictive-dance song. This spring, a new band has repeated measures w/ my iTunes. Crystal Castles, much like MGMT, has created a perfect mesh of Techno-Pop-Rave-Dance-Experimental music. I don't consider myself a Techno fan whatsoever, definitely not a Rave connoisseur, and I dabble in the Pop genre from time to time, but Crystal Castles' sound is simply to refreshing to ignore. As they begin their US Tour, I strongly suggest you check them out, you never know you may find yourself at a concert soon... At least I know I will.

Crystal Castles - Untrust Us
Crystal Castles - Vanished

No comments: