Friday, June 13, 2008

Young, Talented, and Innovative



Emerson Valentine Lyon, Rickety, sounds like: Kanye West meets Flight of The Conchords. Witty lyrical compositions, with relentless comedic relief provide the formula for Rickety's records. From going at Soldier Boy and the stagnant sound of Hip Hop music these days, to simply making dance music, EVL has created a new genre of Hip Hop. Let's call it Comedic-Technopop-Hop. According to his MySpace an album, So 90's, is in the works and will be available ASAP.

Another young artist who seems to be experiencing some success in the sub-genre of
Technopop, is a group from Berkeley, California: The Cataracs.

Like Emerson Valentine Lyon, their lyrics are hilariously in your face, wit crafted, and make subtle stabs at pop-culture. Their work can be purchased on iTunes.

Take a portion of Campa's verse from Luv Song for example:

I'm not gonna act like I'm fly,
I'm not gonna act like I fight, I'm a little guy,
I don't got much to impress you with
Except I'm raw as they come and I'll test your wit

My post simply doesn't do these artists justice, you have to check them out!




Emerson Valentine Lyon

The Cataracs

Emerson Valentine Lyon - Rude
Emerson Valentine Lyon - Accent

The Cataracs - Blow
The Cataracs - All That Matters

1 comment:

O.RICKETY said...

DOPE. who exactly is WesleyDean? Do you know Mr. Lyon?